Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 released to aid in SAM Unlock ticket saving

A minor update was released today, Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 adds an option to backup arbitrary files and directories on your iPhone and then compresses them into a single zip folder. For those who have been using our SAM iPhone unlock tutorial, this new feature is a great way to back up your after you have performed the tutorial.

DOWNLOAD:
Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 - WIN
Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 - OSX

Step 1: With your device connected, open up the newest version of Redsn0w and select "" and then select "Even More."

Step 2: Now choose the new option, "Backup" which will prompt you to enter the filesystem path of the files/directories you want to backup.

Step 3: By default, the directory to backup your unlock ticket is already entered into the field. In case it is not or it has changed, the directory is "/var/root/Library/" so enter that into Redsn0w and hit "OK."

Step 4: Once you have clicked OK, Redsn0w will automatically the backup of your unlock ticket to the same directory "/var/root/Library/Lockdown" in a timestamped zip file and you're all set! Now even if Apple patches this loophole, you will still be able to unlock using your backed up unlock ticket.

11 Responses to Redsn0w 0.9.10b8 released to aid in SAM Unlock ticket saving

1. SoOfxkindOpe says:

whats the point of doing this anyone know ?

The point is that if you save your unlock ticket, even if Apple patches the loophole, you will still be able to unlock your phone using your saved unlock ticket. Also, if you want to unlock multiple different SIM cards you will need to save an unlock ticket for each individual SIM card in order to switch back and forth between them.

2. […] it will be completely closed. If you have not yet unlocked your phone with this method and saved your unlock ticket, you better act […]

3. James says:

I successfully unlocked my Verizon 4s running 5.0.1 (9A406) with SAM. I’m now looking to save my unlock ticket. I am totally new to iPhones and this entire process (to be honest, I can’t believe I successfully did it). I used Absinthe, and from what I understand resno0w isn’t compatible with the 4s. Is this true even if I’m using it for backup and not a jailbreak?
    If redsn0wwon’t work, does anyone have an idea of what the best app or program would be to use? I want to be extra sure that it works, because if I screw something up I probably won’t be able to reactivate the phone…

• thescragster says:

That’s great to hear. Good work James.

Redsn0w should work to backup your lockdown folder. Try using this tutorial and see if it works. If not, you can download a program called iExplorer – http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/.

Navigate to: /var/root/Library/Lockdown and copy the contents of that folder.

Let us know how you get on.

• James says:

Wow, thanks for the quick response! I’ll try it out tonight when I get home and see what I can do. I’ll post the results when I know more.

• thescragster says:

Jared posted about a week ago here that Redsn0w has been updated with some new features, one of which is the ability to jailbreak A5 devices (/the iPhone 4S) so this process should work without a problem.

Do let us know how it goes though 🙂

4. Kevster says:

I would like to know, if i’ve saved my ticket when i unlocked it, but now that my battery died and it’s back to being locked how do i restore?