How to unlock iPhone4 04.11.08 and 04.12.01 baseband with Gevey Ultra 5.1

April 28th 2012 It has been revealed that the Gevey for iPhone4 on 4.11 and 4.12 was actually using the Loktar_Sun SAM . has recalled these SIMs and will be providing a full refund for anyone who purchased one. Read more on the ApplenBerry SAM unlock scandal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that the SAM unlock method is dead in the water, there are still plenty of iPhone4 users out there who are stranded on the and baseband, either because they couldn't get the SAM unlock working or because they didn't do it on time. Luckily, during all the hoopla over the SAM unlock, Gevey released a new interposer hack that works on the and 04.12.01 basebands and is even compatible with iOS 5.1.

Now obviously this is not the ideal unlocking solution as it is a hardware unlock which means it costs money($49.99 to be exact), however, now that the SAM method has been patched by Apple, it is the only solution for unlocking these basebands.

The new Gevey Ultra 5.1 SIM can be found at AppleNBerry, it is currently sold out right now, but I bet that with the demise of the SAM unlock, manufacturers will be putting production into overdrive to accomodate all the unlockers, so keep checking their site to see when they get a new shipment in.

48 Responses to How to unlock iPhone4 04.11.08 and 04.12.01 baseband with Gevey Ultra 5.1

1. Pablo A Gorham says:

This gevey works also on 5.0.1 right?

• Benjamind7 says:

I heard that this was based on Loktar_Sun’s method and does not work anymore:  http://www.applenberry.com/blog/gevey-ultra-recall/

• Rajwani Rahim says:

i have 4.11.08 ..cant unlock iphone 4 running on 5.0.1 ..help pls??

• Qostroff says:

“Yep, it works on every firmware from 4.1 to 5.1 and with basebands: 1.59, 2.10, 3.10.1, 4.10.1, 4.11.08, 4.12.0”

So it unlocks baseband 4.11.08?

(Why did you write “There is currently no way to unlock that baseband.” in answer to “i have 4.11.08 ..cant unlock iphone 4 running on 5.0.1 ..help pls??”)

No, there is no way to unlock that baseband anymore. I posted that comment when the SAM unlock method was still working.

2. […] when we told you that there was a hardware method for unlocking iPhone4 on 5.1? Well it turns out that the Gevey Ultra for iPhone4 on 5.1 was actually reliant on the Loktar_Sun […]

3. Csrice01 says:

Can we still use this chip even after the Sam block by apple?
    Thanks guys

• thescragster says:

No, the loophole that the device was using has been patched by Apple, this Gevey sim will no longer work.

4. J G1025 says:

So, if you have 5.0.1& 4.11.08 you can’t unlock?

5. Karib says:

there is 3 diferent gevey sim on appleNberry so which one off them can unlock iPhone 4, 5.1 baseband 4.12.01 ? i realy dont got it, mixed my mind? please help. thanks…

GEVEY™ Ultra for GSM iPhone 4

GEVEY™ Ultra S for GSM iPhone 4S

GEVEY™ Ultra S for CDMA iPhone 4S

6. Blue says:

How can i Buy the Gevey? i am From Irak, how can I get it?

You would have to buy it from eBay or another retailer that ships overseas. Please note that Gevey will not unlock 04.11.08 or 04.12.01 anymore.

• Blue says:

OMG, I think it Can Unlock My baseband, plz Tell me How can i Unlock baseband 04.11.08 ??

Like I said, that baseband is not currently unlockable.

• Hardsession says:

Use the SAM method, I did it on my Iphone 4 with firmware 5.0.1 and with the same baseband (04.11.08) and it works. My Iphone is locked to Sunrise swiss gsm operator and it’s working with a Portuguese gsm operator.

The SAM method has been closed for quite some time now.

• Surrender says:

BB 4.11.08 can be downgrade with the normal GEVEY SIM. I’ve tried it, it works!

There is absolutely no way to downgrade or unlock the 04.11.08 baseband.

• Nuno Tomás says:

Ola amigo… Precisava da tua ajuda. Tenho um iphone 4 ha 10 meses com a BB 04.11.08 e como o mesmo firmware q tu. Como posso
            desbloquear isto? Abraço

7. Gazu says:

Dont work on 5.1.1

8. K_knight_001 says:

Hi i have a Iphone4 with jailbreak to ios 5.1.1 base band 04.12.01 is there a way to unlock it? if not is it possible to bring it back to ios 4.0.2 as it was working with that?

9. Enueni says:

So there is no way to unlock the 4 12 01?? Can please someone tell me if there is a way to unlock this firmware

10. Anthonyatallah says:

do any of the unlocker websites like unlockmyiphone.com were you pay for some code work?
    i dont want to waist my money if they dont

11. Said moh'd says:

Oh! I’m tired on My iPhone 4 coz doesn’t work means no service now I use it as ipod it’s modem firmware is 04.12.01 and version is 5.1.1 (9B206) plz I need a help what I’m going to do? I’m mr HAUSAL

12. Usama_shahh says:

I have a iphone 4 on bb 4.12.01 is the geevey or some other unlock now available?

• Pilon man says:

You are dead buddy, 4.12.01 is the worst one to be stuck in. There’s none as of yet. Tried a lot of ways. Its better to use the phone as an ipod now haha. Did u find some other way to work ?

13. akhil says:

i have an iphone 4 with 5.1 os with baseband 4.10.01 any idea if gevey will work?

14. Daman says:

Hey…I got iphone  4 locked to Sasktel (Canada) running firmware baseband 04.12.01….can someone help me to unlock it…

15. enternet worm says:

false statement you r giving they dont have any Gevey for BB 4.11 or 4.12. u r misleading people here…

No I’m not, if you would have read the top of the post you would have seen that at one point there was a Gevey for those basebands but it was based on the Loktar_Sun SAM method so once that method was patched, as were the Geveys for those basebands.

16. Andrew says:

The only way to unlock bb 04.12.01 for now is to use this guide

17. Andre says:

hey can i ask u a ? i live in usa and i have an i phone 4 baseband 4.12.1 ios 5.1.1 and ive been dying for an unlocking for my is there 1 out yet can u give me any leads i was out for sam and dont wanna miss any oportunities

18. TS says:

my 04.11.08 working good

19. George Robert says:

hy i have iphone 4 5.1.1 04.12.01 is the geevey or some other unlock now available???