Deactivate your phone with Redsn0w for AT&T iPhone unlocking

Since Easter, has been unlocking off-contract iPhones for use on other carriers. Users who wish to take advantage of their new policy, but have previously hacktivated their phone in order to perform a software . In order for the AT&T iPhone unlock to work, you must first your device. One way to do this is to restore and rejailbreak, but luckily for those who do not want to have to restore, can deactivate the phone for you.

Download the latest version of Redsn0w and on the main screen select "Jailbreak." Put your device into DFU mode and let Redsn0w apply the limera1n exploit to your device. Once limera1n has been initialized you will get an screen. On this screen, make sure to only select the "deactivate" option, uncheck all other boxes.

Once Redsn0w has completed, you can remove your SIM and insert the SIM from your unofficial carrier. The unlock should now work without the use of ultrasn0w.

12 Responses to Deactivate your phone with Redsn0w for AT&T iPhone unlocking

1. TravisBickle says:

Hi, what should people with the Ipad BB do regarding the AT&T unlock? I believe it is going to change the BB?

Once you’ve upgraded to the iPad baseband, you are stuck there, so there is nothing you can do. The AT&T unlock should still work though.

2. Nilesh says:

I HAVE IPHONE 4 WITH BASEBAND AND HAD TOOK ON RENT FROM AT&T, WILL THIS METHOD WORK FOR IT OR NOT ?

3. Mobilerepair09 says:

I am stuck on searching and no service after following the steps. any help?

• allnightawake says:

it doesnt work, i tried this twice, and it still says no service, it starts searching and then it says no service, i checked my imei number status, and it says unlocked now. i guess i ll just have to update :/

4. Mobilerepair09 says:

I am stuck on searching and no service after following the steps. any help?

5. I tried this several time and it doen’t wok, it just keeps saying that it could no fine firmware of something like that and “giving up”

6. […] some weird reactions from it out of some of the phones I've worked with. Do this at your own risk. Deactivate your phone with Redsn0w for AT&T iPhone unlocking | iPhoneBlogr.com Here is a simple guide for it. Reply […]