How to jailbreak iPad2 and iPhone4S on Windows with Absinthe

UPDATE: We also have a video tutorial available to step you through the process. For the video tutorial, click here.

Well folks, the day has finally arrived that we have all been waiting for! Today the Chronic-Dev team has released the  untethered  for A5 devices and .

DOWNLOAD:
Absinthe 0.4 - (WIN)

Step 1: Open up Absinthe after you have downloaded it from above and connect your iPad2 or iPhone4S via USB to your computer. Click “Jailbreak” to start the process. Your device will then say “Restoring in Progress”. Do not turn off your device or disconnect the cable until the process has completed!

Step 4: When your phone reboots you will now have an Absinthe icon on the home screen. Open Absinthe and it should load the Greenpois0n site(at this time the website is being bombarded by hits so it is up and down). Once the GP website is loaded your device will reboot and the Cydia icon will be there in place of the Absinthe icon. If all you see is "Absinthe is now setting things up, please wait" Please try out our Absinthe VPN fix.

Step 5: That's it! You are now jailbroken on your iPhone4S or iPad2. Enjoy!

23 Responses to How to jailbreak iPad2 and iPhone4S on Windows with Absinthe

1. Gazaraki Lol says:

would it work for ipod touch 4thgen thats been updated to the bewest version?

• Anonymous says:

No, this is for A5 devices only(iPhone4S and iPad2). If you want to jailbreak your iPT 4G use our Redsn0w 0.9.10b4 tutorial.

2. […] a video tutorial available to step you through the process. For the video tutorial, click here. Absinthe for Windows available […]

3. Angelotangelo says:

I got the Absinthe icon on my 4s but when i clicked it i get a black screen with the green absynthe logo and text that reads…ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by…It’s been stuck like this for an hour.  Has anyone else had this happen?  I would assume the sever is slammed.

4. Jostan Murray says:

ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by … Will this eventually make a connection?

5. Osxecuter says:

The Last step isn’t working for me is the GP Site down ? :)

6. Anonymous says:

If you are getting “Absinthe is now setting things up” give this workaround a try: http://iphoneblogr.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-error-establishing-a-database-connection-for-absinthe-on-iphone-4s-and-ipad-2/

7. Davin says:

I download  absinthe and when I have the phone hooked up and hit Jailbreak it goes 1/4 the way thru and freezes up. Any ideas why it is?

8. HELP! says:

when the jailbreak was half way down, the absinthe app has stopped working. help pls..

9. crazygonuts says:

It seems removing your password allows it to work. I tried every single method and once I did that it worked beautifully

10. Supreetbal2022 says:

Jailing the iphone 4S ios 5.0.1 using Absinthe is quite amazing and so quick . But at the same time unlocking the iphone 4S using the steps the dev team has mentioned doesnt work using the ultrasnow.

• Anonymous says:

There is currently no way to unlock an iPhone4S. Ultrasn0w is only compatible with iPhone4 or lower and on specific basebands.

11. alex says:

For those who stuck on “ABSINTHE is now setting things up, please stand-by”, please do restore to original from itunes instead of click in “Setting>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings”. Then, don’t restore from backup yet, follow step to jailbreak. it should reboot & you will see Cydia.

It work on my Ipad 2 WIFI only, WIN7 user.
    Good luck, guys.

12. Just AWESOME ! Thank’s Alpha-Dog !!
    After a LOT of hours (all night long), finally Worked (iPad2) !!
    I guess it’s a kind of “bug” happening with some people (like me !)
    The solution for those that “stucked” on that scren “absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by…” and ALSO doenst work the VPN trick, follow Alpha-Dog tips:
    * RESTORE (manual FIRMWARE restore, not BACKUP restore), to do that, just configure as NEW device, so you’ll be able to Shift+Click on RESTORE option (iTunes)
    * Manual search the Firmware File (download first of course) and RESTORE
    * Configure the initial settings as NEW device, region, language and most important, the DATA Connection (Wireless/Mobile)
    * Run Absinthe (v0.3 or v.02 both works)
    * Plug Device
    * Wait All Process
    * On “Almost Done” (last screen), just Slide (Unlock) Device and Click “Absinthe” App
    Just This !
    BTW, you can now restore your last correct BACKUP at iTunes !

13. Kindle Wizz says:

My husband and I love our new Kindle Fire.  It’s lightweight, easy to use and has a great interface.  The first thing I recommend anyone with a new Kindle do is install the nook app.  We got our instructions from http://www.kindlemad.com through google.   It basically unlocks all the Android marketplace apps and unlocks the device.  I am one very happy Kindle owner!

14. Ajitlimaye says:

Thanks, Alpha Dog.
    Your instructions worked like magic.

15. Speed_man_17 says:

half way threw install on ipad 2 it would stop installing. I put ipad in airplane mode shut off wifi and location. then Installed jail break no problems. hope this might help some of you.

• Speed_man_17 says:

i forgot the only other thing i did was to backup ipad. I dont know which of these was the fix but i have cydia!

16. Jamallo27 says:

i can nopt even get this program to start, its like it doesnt recognize my phone what should i do
    thank

17. teja says:

Hey,
    I am unable to connect my iphone 4s to Absinthe.  It is showing like
    “The attached device is not supported”.Can any one help me finding the solution.