How to Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 Using UltraSn0w

After you have jailbroken your device, simply follow the steps below to your phone for use on unofficial carriers.

Step 1: You must update to using Sn0wbreeze in order to preserve your (be sure to check the 'Hacktivate' option under general settings when you are making the firmware). The unlockable basebands are 04.26.08 – 05.11.07 – 05.12.01 – 05.13.04 – 06.15.00 – 01.59.00

Step 3: Install 1.2.5 through Cydia.

Step 4: Turn off your device, insert your unofficial SIM and reboot the phone. Once the phone reboots you should be unlocked on 5.0.1!

46 Responses to How to Unlock iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 Using UltraSn0w

1. eazy says:

What do you mean, chmod the file to 0755 ?

2. Paul Pants says:

Andrea,
    The repo site didn’t work for me either. Though it took me 3 days to get a sucessful jailbreak solution for 5.0.1 (Sn0wbreeze 2.8B11(IPSW 5.0.1) or redsn0w (9.9b8), unlocking (T-Mobile Sim) with UltraSn0w 1.2.4 would either cause my phone not to fully boot or I would still get No Service.

Though taking a backup before upgrading to 5.0.1 I have lost everything.

Now after using the OpenSSH manual fix I now have a carrier!

I love Andrea.;-)

SYYJ;-)
    Pants P.

3. Paul Pants says:

IPhoneBlogr thanks too. If it was not for your site, I would not have found the fix!

Keep Blogging

SYHJ;-)

Pants P.

4. Will says:

does not work on iphone 4 ios 5 with BB 4.11.08 T.T

5. Mike says:

Thankyou so much this have just fixed my iphone i had tried everything thankyou thanyou thankyou

6. Stephanie says:

Uhm. I’m completely lost. I’m new at this and this “Step 2: Install OpenSSH in Cydia and SSH into your device and navigate to the folder “System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/” and replace the files in that folder with the files provided in the following Zips. Also be sure to chmod the files to 0755. Download this for iPhone3Gs or this for iPhone4.” Doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve installed Open SSH in Cydia but how do I install the SSH? And where is this folder? Please help!

7. CJ says:

how do i check the baseband? i cannot find a site to unlock my phone for tmobile!

8. AA says:

Thanks for the post! Now my phone is usable again!

9. […] *UNLOCKERS* Please note that ultrasn0w is not yet compatible with 5.0.1, however there is now a fix. After following this tutorial to update to 5.0.1 make sure you follow our ultrasn0w on 5.0.1 fix. […]

10. biddie says:

thanx for the post. Although neither methods worked for me.iphone 3gs ios 5.0.1..i replaced the files,changed the permissions and everything but still no service.I’ve been on this phone for like a week. Any bright ideas? Or is my location(Africa) a factor?

• thescragster says:

Hi Biddie, thanks for your question. Which baseband are you on? If you go to Settings – General – About. Please confirm that the update was successful and that you are on a baseband that is compatible with Ultrasn0w. Let us know so that we can help you further

• Rijad says:

Hey @thescragster it won’t work for me, I have BB 6.15.00 on a jailbroken iPhone 3gs. I tried this way a few times. But I still got no service.. what should I do? please help.., I’m trying this for 3 days now..

11. Ngawang says:

Is this method will work for iphone 4 ios 5 04.11.08?
    If yes can somebody shows us how.
    Thanks

12. josherson says:

i have an iphone 3gs with ios 5.0.1 and baseband 05.11.07 and everything i try dosnt work, i have tmobile any ideas? please??

Did you install the Cydia Ultrasn0w fix or replace the files manually and set permissions? Also, did you do the fix before installing ultrasn0w? You have to do it in that order.

13. Bwett says:

I have no idea how to manually do anything with the files…..
    Can someone give a step by step or something for a noob.
    The automatic way didnt work for my 3gs on 6. 15. 00 baseband on ios 5.0.1 🙁

I ordered a few cracked iPhone 3Gs today, when I get them I will do a step by step video tutorial on how to install the fix manually, if you don’t want to wait until then just google how to SSH into your iPhone, it’s super easy.

14. lofej says:

So i got an iPhone 4 4.3.5 – 04.10.01

is there any possibilities to jailbreak and unlock, or better to upgrade and wait?. I’m new in this but I read so many things im not sure now..

Any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.

15. lofej says:

So at the moment there is no way for unlock without Gevey, and no news too that in the near future?!

However, I read that the untethered jailbreak is coming very soon for iOS5 and i think that would be the best for jailbreaking. But the gevey isnt woring on that as i read, and will it after the upgrade?

let me get is straight because im a bit confused about what should i do:
    1. wait for iOS5 untethered JB with the custom firmware(witch im not sure about how to do, redsnow?ultrasnow?)
    2. buy gevey and unlock.

in this order will be good?

Sorry for my misunderstanding, and poor english knowledge, and thank you for the reply.

16. Gentinjeshi2006 says:

so i have an iphone 4 (4.3.3.) with broadband of 4.10.01 and i wanted to ask about gevey ultra. I jailbroke the iphone with cydia installed and now i want to unlock it. Does the gevey works properly ?? Any problems with it ?? Any advice’s will be appreciated

Yes, Gevey Ultra works fine on 4.3.3 and baseband 04.10.01 as long as you get an official Gevey Ultra SIM.

17. TB74 says:

I have an iPhone 3GS it has 5.0.1 and the modemfirmware is 06.15.00. After doing this and turning airplane-mode off and on it says No SIM. Before it said No Network but now it says that it has no SIM card… What is the problem?

18. Donald_Thump says:

i can’t get my iPhone working at all, i did my iPod just fine though

19. A_castro_ says:

My phone wont work now at all. It wont restart? What shall i do?

20. Wilson Silver says:

It this will work with 3GS 8GB?

21. Wilson Silver says:

I have heard that 3GS 8GB you can’t unlock with the soft 5.0.1  Is that true?

22. Brenda_mora1993 says:

Is there any way to unlock an iPhone 4 for tmobile? It was just jail broken, it’s 04.12.01 and it’s version 5.1.1

23. theproverbialtruthteller says:

I have an i-phone 3G firmware 05.15.04 version 4.2.1 (8C148) and I used snowbreeze 4.2.1 to jailbreak and ultrasnow 1.2.7 to unlock. How long does it take for it to find my t-mobile sim card? It just keeps saying searching and hasn’t found my sim card. Did I do something wrong?

05.15.04 is not an Ultrasn0w compatible baseband, you will first have to upgrade to the iPad baseband(06.15.00) with Redsn0w in order to unlock.

• theproverbialtruthteller says:

How do I do that? Do I need to delete everything I had just done? Step by step please and thank you!!!

Run Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 and click “Jailbreak” and then on the options screen uncheck every box except for “install ipad baseband”

• theproverbialtruthteller says:

What do I do next?

Haha no problem, if you want you can also downgrade the iPad baseband now to 05.13.04 which will allow you to have GPS capability again. Just do the same thing but uncheck everything except for “downgrade ipad baseband”

24. sudheer says:

hi iam having an iphone 3gs with firm ware 06.15.00 i want to upgrade to 5.1 frm prsent 4.1
    plz help me iam not able to do it