iFaith 1.3.2 fixes DFU loop issues and new features

, the one and only SHSH dumping tool from @ih8sn0w has been updated to 1.3 today to fix some issues and add some new features. Previously, many users were experiencing issues when trying to restore a custom firmware built with iFaith. This new release fixes that issue and also allows you to use your SHSH keys to make custom firmware in iFaith.

iFaith 1.3.2 - Win

The full release notes can be seen below:
iFaith v1.3.2 - Release Notes
Compatible with iOS 3.1.x/3.2.x/4.0.x/4.1/4.2.1/4.2.6/4.2.7/4.2.8/4.3/4.3.1/4.3.2/4.3.3

* DFU Loops were being caused on devices that had the factory certificate.
On this new version. When building the signed . If you were getting
a DFU loop, say "NO" to the prompt about using the standard
signing certificate.

* You can now use TinyUmbrella blobs to build a signed IPSW.
[Change Filetype in browse dialog to "TinyUmbrella SHSH blobs".]

* Now adds ECID to beginning of the SHSH filename after dumping.
* Now adds ECID to beginning of the IPSW filename after being built.
* Cleaned up code + payload.
* Its not possible to add iPad 2 support until a bootrom exploit arises.

Many Thanks to @sbingner & @Sk0ODaT

18 Responses to iFaith 1.3.2 fixes DFU loop issues and new features

1. Ojeh says:

I dumped the shsh blobs for my iPad using ifaith 1.1. I built the custom Ipsw using ifaith 1.3. I selected no at the certificate prompt. Yet I get into dfu loop after restore. Pls any advise will be highly appreciated.

If you are getting a DFU loop, say “NO” to the prompt about using the standard signing certificate. Also, you should be using 1.3.2 now, it fixes more issues. The links in this post have been updated.

2. Ojeh says:

I’m using ifaith 1.3.2 to build signed ipsw from shsh blobs dumped using ifaith 1.1. I selected no at the certificate question. Yet I’m still getting d dfu loop. Tiny umbrella can’t kick it out.
    Device : iPad 1G, iOS 4.3.2.
    Pls help

3. JaeM1llz says:

Great to hear, glad it worked out for you 🙂

4. JaeM1llz says:

No, you can use TinyUmbrella blobs in iFaith but not the other way around.

5. sami says:

Hi! I have iphone 3gs which is passcode disabled. I want to restore to 4.3.3 custom using ifaith & i didnt saved ‘shsh cydia’. Any help……
    Pls

If you didn’t save your SHSH and you are not currently on 4.3.3 then there’s no way for you to restore 4.3.3, you’ll have to restore 4.3.5 and wait for iOS5 to be released and jailbroken.

6. drscjmm says:

I have an iphone4 on dfu loop, unknown firmware and every restore attempt is failing, have two pc’s right now and both one set to cydia and one to apple both will not restore phone even upgrade it to 4.3.5… im not concerned with jailbreaking this one at all.any thoughts!?

• Okiller says:

If you use the new redsn0w…and go to the recovery fix it will kick your iphone out the loop….But the phone will act tether afterwards….

7. mikey says:

will it work for iphone 4 on 4.2.10?

8. zu4aib says:

Hey !
    I’m stuck with my 3Gs.
    My fone was restored to 4.1 & then after 15 minutes it went to DFU loop.
    If I restore by iTunes or Redsnow “Just boot tethered” white screen comes & then it goes back to DFU.
    I have shsh blobs saved for 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1 & 4.2.1
    Any suggestions? Its been a week & I’m stuck 🙁

9. Anonymous says:

Got an iphone 3GS with IOS 4.2.1

After dumping iBoot SHSH it gets stuck trying to dump LLB, it just keeps looping.

10. Off the roof says:

Have an Iphone 4 running 4.3.3 unable to dump shsh blobs. DFU is obtained but never goes past the load ifaith downloading essentials screen. just keeps on first step where it’s searching 0/13 shsh blobs captured Pass# 0/5. can someone help me please.

11. MyApple.pl says: