How to downgrade iPhone4 4.2.10 or iPhone 4.3.5 to 4.2.8/4.3.5 [Video Tutorial]

This is a tutorial that will walk you through downgrading your or 4.3.5 to /4.3.3 using a pre-jailbroken firmware created with Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 on Windows.

FILES YOU WILL NEED:
Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 - Win
iOS 4.3.3/4.2.8 Firmware IPSW
Latest version of TinyUmbrella

Did you find this tutorial useful? If so, please consider donating below, thank you!
[donateplus]

21 Responses to How to downgrade iPhone4 4.2.10 or iPhone 4.3.5 to 4.2.8/4.3.5 [Video Tutorial]

1. zachthesquid says:

^_^

2. Shivam says:

thanks. worked great! 🙂

3. icedad70 says:

I download the firmware ipsw (4.2.8) but there is no ipsw file anywhere in the folder. I am obviously doing something wrong, but what?

If you are using Internet Explorer, it changes the extension to .zip for some reason so rename the file and change it back to .ipsw or use a different browser like Chrome or Firefox.

4. iJulian says:

thanks alot i’ve been looking for a way to downgrade to 4.2.8 for awhile now…this really helped alot!

5. jon says:

how do i get 4.2.8.shsh into tiny umbrella

6. chris says:

the shsh wont show up on my tiny umbrella. i did what you told jon to do but its not there

7. Blackheart says:

Where or how can I check if I have those SHSH files??? I have an iPhone 4. 4.2.10 and my phone has never been jailbroken and I wanna be able to jailbreak it but that’s not tethered. How can I do this? Thanks!

If your phone has never been jailbroken before then you dont have your SHSH. You’ll have to deal with the tethered jailbreak for now until iOS5 is released and jailbroken.

8. Kenteezy says:

THANKS!!! Finallyy got it to work! I will be using this to make some money off noobs x)

9. RobM says:

I have no idea if I have my SHSH files or not. I had my VZW iPhone jailbroken previously with GreenPoison. Had signed into & installed apps with Cydia. Phone got updated to 4.2.10, and am trying to downgrade. Is there a way to get those previous SHSH files from Cydia now? I gather having a Cydia account & used it, that they should have them? Am a bit confused by that step. Thanks.

• RobM says:

When I load Cydia on a tethered jailbreak, I do see SHSH: iOS 4.2.8, 4.2.10. That means I’m good? it’s not a file on my laptop anywhere, right?

Correct. Just follow this tutorial but first open TinyUmbrella and go to the advanced tab and check the box that says “Request SHSH from Cydia” then hit “Save SHSH” this will transfer your 4.2.8 SHSH to your computer and allow you to follow this downgrade tutorial.

• RobM says:

Big props! It worked beautifully. I was trying to tell in TinyUmbrella if I had SHSH, and just was looking in the wrong place. Thanks again. Finally back to an untethered JB!

10. TheEgyptianhacker says:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. GOOD JOB.