Untethered 4.2.8 Jailbreak Verizon CDMA iPhone4 for Mac Using Pwnage Tool

Unfortunately, neither Redsn0w nor Pwnage Tool are currently compatible with the iPhone4 CDMA However, @ih8sn0w has released a firmware bundle that will allow you to create a custom firmware on a using Pwange Tool

DOWNLOAD:
Pwnage Tool 4.2
4.2.8 Firmware Bundle
iOS 4.2.8

Step 1: Ensure you are using Pwnage Tool 4.2 and install it on your desktop. Also extract the firmware bundle from the file provided above. Right-click the Pwnage Tool icon and select "Show Package Contents" and then navigate to Contents>Resources>FirmwareBundles

Step 2: Drag the ,3_4.2.8_8E401.bundle file into the "FirmwareBundles" folder and proceed to with Pwange Tool.

[hana-flv-player
video="http://iphoneblogr.com/videos/pwnage428.mov"
width="500"
height="400"
description="Adding 4.2.8 Firmware Bundles to Pwnage Tool"
clickurl="http://iphoneblogr.com"
clicktarget="_blank"
player="4"
autoplay="false"
loop="false"
autorewind="true"
/]

Firmware Bundles Cannot Be Modified

If you are receiving an error when attempting to import your firmware bundles along the lines of "cannot be modified," please be sure that you have extracted all of the downloads from above to your Desktop(firmware bundle, firmware file and Pwnage Tool application). If you extract the files elsewhere on your computer you may receive a permissions error such as the one listed above. If you extract all the files to your Desktop you should not run into this error. After dragging the 4.2.8 bundle into the corresponding folder from above simply open PwnageTool and select "expert mode" and browse for the 4.2.8 firmware file you downloaded and follow the on-screen steps to create your modified firmware.

20 Responses to Untethered 4.2.8 Jailbreak Verizon CDMA iPhone4 for Mac Using Pwnage Tool

1. JB Sarra says:

Followed all steps but it gives me a 1600 error when I try and load the firmware.

2. Paxman says:

It won’t let me put the new firmware I downloaded into the firmwarebundles file because it says it cannot be modified, any ideas on how to do it?

You’re supposed to put the firmware bundles in the Pwnage Tool app folder just like it shows in the video.

• Nelli says:

I have a similar problem: after inserting the bundle under Pwnage tool (which showed up under Devices menu), i am unable to select the bundle once i am asked for it going through the jailbreaking process — it is just greyed out. I am also unable to see Show Content until i hold cntl key and right click. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you might have!

one additional point i noticed — when i downloaded pwnage tool it did not come in zip format. i noticed that some intstructions refer to having to unzip the pwnage file.

3. Dallas Wood says:

When I try to drag iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401.bundle file into the “FirmwareBundles” it say it can not be moved because can not be modified. What should I do?

Make sure that you extract the firmware bundles to your desktop and update the permissions.

• Dallas Wood says:

Now PwnageTool says wrong firmware bundle selected. I’m sorry to be an idiot but do you know what I’m doing wrong?

You’re using Pwnage Tool 4.2 correct? This tutorial will not work with the newest version of Pwnage Tool. That could be the issue, otherwise that error usually happens when you are using the wrong firmware for the device you are trying to restore.

4. Adrian says:

Thank you so much this worked so much. I tried Pwange Tool 4.3 and it did not load but this worked:)

5. vMail says:

Recently I was using Ifile to browse my iPhone files and found a folder called My Mobile Watchdog. Any idea how that got installed?

My Mobile Watchdog is a parental control application that allows parents to monitor their child’s messaging and cellphone use. It doesn’t come preinstalled with anything so you must have installed it or someone else installed it.

6. Hal Waldram says:

I get an error 21 from iTunes during the restore process. Any ideas?

7. […] bundle to the pwnage tool package. There is a tutorial below that tells/shows you how to do it: Untethered 4.2.8 Jailbreak Verizon CDMA iPhone4 for Mac Using Pwnage Tool | iPhoneBlogr.com Reply Page 2 of 2 First 1 2 […]

8. Boogie says:

I get an error message saying that “iPhone could not be restored. this device isnt eligible for the requested build”..

9. […] Today Im not sure there was a pwnage tool released to make a custom 4.2.8. lol, I love google Untethered 4.2.8 Jailbreak Verizon CDMA iPhone4 for Mac Using Pwnage Tool | iPhoneBlogr.com Reply Page 2 of 2 First 1 2 […]