How To Remove Apple TV 2G Packages

This is a quick, simple tutorial on how to application from the 2G, for example Plex or NitoTV.

Step 1. into your Apple TV 2G. or a PC alternative.

Step 2. Connect to your Apple TV. Type the following (please replace the of YOUR Apple TV, this can be found by going to Settings – General – Network on the Apple TV:

ssh root@YOURIPADDRESS

Step 3. Then enter your password – The default password is “alpine”.

alpine

Step 4. Remove the application. Replace 'packagename' and 'whatever' with the names of the application you would like to remove.

apt-get remove .packagename.whatever

Step 5. Restart Lowtide

killall Lowtide

Let us know how you get on, if you have any questions, feel free to leave them below.

11 Responses to How To Remove Apple TV 2G Packages

1. jTraf says:

This is working for me, can you give an example?
    If I was trying to remove plex, I would put “apt-get remove com.plex.plex” ?

2. freud71 says:

I am wondering the same thing. I get “E: Couldn’t find package com.plex” when i am entering “apt-get remove com.plex.plex”

• thescragster says:

Try ether this:
      apt-get remove plex-client-plugin

Or this:
      apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin

Let me know if ether of those work and I will change the tutorial. Thanks

3. Blowndub says:

That worked for me! ( apt-get remove com.plex.client-plugin )
    Can i SSH a list of packages so that i know exactly how to write down those packages? I’m trying to remove Last.FM.

Thnx!

4. whiteTiki says:

PLEASE HELP!!! I installed VNC Settings Via NitoTV and my appleTV crashed and now i have no visual.

I managed to uninstall Exposed with this command:
    apt-get remove com.whatanbur.exposed

but i cant find the package name or command for the VNC Settings package.

NOTE: How did i find the name of the exposed package? i look into some youtube video untill i found one where they install the exposed package via nitoTV.. so the name of the package appears when its installing.

SOLUTION: since i have no visual, i just need someone to go to their AppleTV > NitoTV > Install Software > VNC Settings and press enter… that’ll tell you the name of the package I need to uninstall

Thx!

5. ulf says:

how to remove xbmc on apple tv?

6. Stevie says:

Hello , i installed a old version of aTvflash Black on a 4.4.4 apple tv 2..Now i bricked my device and my apple tv won’t even get in DFU mode…But i can ssh in terminal , how can i erase aTVflash black?

7. Derek says:

I don’t have an Apple TV but I can’t watch videos because it says that I’m connected to the tv and it’s playing on the tv. Help?