FaceIt 3Gs to enable FaceTime on 3Gs iPhone

Yesterday, an interesting YouTube video was posted on the Egyptian website http://itarek.com This video shows a new app that will be available soon called which enables the popular iPhone4 feature on the iPhone 3Gs. However, yesterday they did not have the 3Gs camera working with the tweak. You can see a video demonstration below:

A few hours ago @iTarek posted a twitter update exclaiming that they had now gotten the camera working on the 3Gs side of things. FaceIt 3Gs is available for free on the Cydia repo http://apps.iphoneislam.com

14 Responses to FaceIt 3Gs to enable FaceTime on 3Gs iPhone

1. JaeM1llz says:

Thank you very much for your kind words Chuck. It makes it that much more pleasing to provide all this great information when we know people are making use of it. Thanks for stopping by and supporting our site!

2. JB buddy says:

Couldn’t you just use the app Tango from the app store and get the same results ? Or does this give you better clear video calling ? I have an iphone 4 but no a lot of others with a 3GS and look forward to spreading the news if this is more better

Yes, Tango does the same thing, but if you use Tango you can only call other people who have Tango. With this tweak, you can do video chat with anyone who has an iPhone4 or a 3Gs with this tweak installed.

3. Gavinwan says:

Is it possible to do this across different countries? I got an iPhone 4 in UK and my friend got a 3GS in Hong Kong installed this tweak but it doesn’t work, please advice.

4. Gavinwan says:

O I thought I can only use it over WIFI network, thanks I’ll try.

5. koko says:

please help me. Once I turn it on, I get a “Waiting for Activation” message, but nothing happens? Although I reboot my device also same problem. I uninstall and try install again also same problem “waiting for Activation”.

Please help me How to solve?

6. Josh says:

How did you get it to work on Tmobile USA? I am stuck waiting for activation. Please help if you can.