Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 Firmware

Below are various different files that were created using Pwnage download these if you are weary of creating your own. Your device MUST be in pwned-DFU mode for these firmware files to restore properly(read below). Make sure you read the description of each firmware CAREFULLY so that you know what you are installing.

*IMPORTANT* In order to restore these custom firmware files, you must use Pwnage Tool(Mac) to enter DFU mode. If you have Windows, you can now use Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to enter pwned-dfu mode which will allow you to install the custom firmware files. You must use one of these methods in order for the restore to work or you will get iTunes errors.

These custom firmware files are split into multiple parts because of mediafire's upload size limit. To get the single IPSW files out of the multiple parts download and install winrar and then right-click on any of the files and select "extract here"(the files must be in the same folder in order for it to extract properly).

Apple TV 2G Custom 4.1 Firmware

1. Apple TV 2G iOS 4.1 Custom Firmware

iPhone 4 Custom 4.1 Firmware

1. iPhone 4 4.1 UNACTIVATED

• Works for iPhone 4
  • Not Activated
  • 1000 MB Root Partition
    • OpenSSH

- This version is NOT-ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 4 on an Official Carrier i.e. AT&T.

Part 3

2. iPhone 4 4.1 ACTIVATED

• Works for iPhone 4
  • Activated
  • 1000 MB Root Partition
    • OpenSSH

- This version comes ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 4 on a NON-OFFICIAL CARRIER i.e. T-Mobile etc. This version will still work for AT&T as well.
- After restoring with this firmware you will need to add the repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and install ultrasn0w to your device

Part 3

iPhone 3Gs Custom 4.1 Firmware

1. iPhone 3Gs 4.1 UNACTIVATED

• Works for iPhone 3Gs
  • Not Activated
  • 1000 MB Root Partition
    • OpenSSH

- This version is NOT-ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 3GS on an Official Carrier i.e. AT&T.

2. iPhone 3Gs 4.1 ACTIVATED

• Works for iPhone 3Gs
  • Activated
  • 1000 MB Root Partition
    • OpenSSH

- This version comes ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 3Gs on a NON-OFFICIAL CARRIER i.e. T-Mobile etc. This version will still work for AT&T as well.

iPhone 3G Custom 4.1 Firmware

1. iPhone 3G 4.1 UNACTIVATED/Nothing Enabled

• Works for iPhone 3G
  • Not Activated
  • NOTHING ENABLED: Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper, Battery Percentage Indicator
  • 800 MB Root Partition
  • Custom Boot & Restore Logos

- This version is NOT-ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 3G on an Official Carrier i.e. AT&T.
- This version DOES NOT come with Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper, Battery Percentage Indicator ENABLED. You can still enable it manually if you would like using other methods.

2. iPhone 3G 4.1 UNACTIVATED/Everything Enabled

• Works for iPhone 3G
  • Not Activated
  • EVERYTHING ENABLED: Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper, Battery Percentage Indicator
  • 800 MB Root Partition
  • Custom Boot & Restore Logos

- This version comes with Multitasking, Homescreen Wallpaper, Battery Percentage Indicator ENABLED.

3. iPhone 3G 4.1 ACTIVATED/Nothing Enabled

• Works for iPhone 3G
  • Activated
  • 800 MB Root Partition
  • Custom Boot & Restore Logos

- This version comes ACTIVATED and is for users who are using their iPhone 3G on a NON-OFFICIAL CARRIER i.e. T-Mobile etc. This version will still work for AT&T as well.
- After restoring with this firmware you will need to add the repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and install ultrasn0w to unlock your device

4. iPhone 3G 4.1 ACTIVATED/Everything Enabled

• 900 MB Root Partition

iPad Custom 3.2.2 Firmware

1. iPad

• Works for iPad
  • 1200 MB Root Partition

Part 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

After you install your firmware, DO NOT use a jailbreak tool like limera1n or greenpois0n. The whole point of these custom firmware files is that they come . All you have to do is shift+restore with them and when your device starts up it will already be jailbroken. If you do install one of the jailbreaks you will have to start the whole process over again.

The iPhone 3G firmware files use custom boot and recovery screens, at this time, the iPhone 3G is the ONLY device that supports custom logos. The logos used in these firmware files can be seen below:

76 Responses to Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 Firmware

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by News You Know, haredx. haredx said: RT @iphoneblogr Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 Firmware http://bit.ly/ceaLUo […]

2. JaeM1llz says:

Please re-read the top of the most. You MUST jailbreak with greenpois0n or limera1n before installing a custom firmware.

3. fGr says:

Hi, I tried this!

First I restored the phone in itunes.
    Then I jailbreaked it with greenpois0n. (did not install cydia or any other apps.

Then I downloaded (all 3 rar’s and extracted em to a folder):
    2. iPhone 4 4.1 ACTIVATED

Then I ran iTunes shift+clicked restore and selected the firmware file I extracted. Still got error 21.

help ?

I got an iphone 4 4.1 with boardband 02.10.04.

You don’t need to install a custom firmware. You are already on the most current baseband which is unlockable so just use greenpois0n to install Cydia and you’re done. This is only for people who AREN’T on 4.1 and want to preserve their baseband

4. maverick says:

I have iphone 3gs 4.0 jailbroken with limra1n recently with baseband 05.13.04… Now when im trying to restore activated custom firmware 4.1 in DFU mode, im getting an error 1600. Plz any one guide me!!!!

5. Syed Khawar says:

Hi,
    I have iPhone 4 with IOS 4.1 and baseband 02.10.04, how can I jail break(as far as I know it’s Limera1) and unlock(according to my knowledge it’s not available), some one please guide me and one more thing this “Pre Jail broken 4.1 Firmware” is useful for me??

Thanks and Regards,
    Syed Khawar

No this is not useful for you. You can either use greenpois0n or limera1n to jailbreak but you are correct, you will not be able to unlock because 02.10.04 baseband is unlockable at this time. There should be a new unlock around late November or early December. Thanks for stopping by!

6. bong says:

Can somebody with Mac out there to cooked for the “Window users” jailbreak community pre jailbroken custom firmware 4.1 as per this procedure http://is.gd/gfkbr and give us in pirate bay or here for the community to download.

Thanks a lot

• Abdullah says:

what do you mean can you explain more clearly what do you want ?

• bong says:

Window users need this cooked custom restore ipsw 4.1 in order to update in firmware 4.1 without updating the baseband.Dev team musclenerd released a procedure http://is.gd/gfkbr to used pwnage 4.1.2 to build pre jailbroken firmware in mac and can be used in windows to avoid the dfu flaws.

bong, that’s exactly what these files are, just download the 3Gs one that applies to your situation and do a shift+restore with it. Just like it says you must already be jailbroken with redsn0w, the old pwnage tool or greenpois0n/limera1n for this to work.

• bong says:

the pwnage tools 4.1.2 release is exclusively for mac users only because of the dfu flaw,musclenerd posted for window users to make pre jailbroken ipsw for 3GS but to be cooked in mac also,window users need this in order to shift+restore in windows

7. Kofi Kusi says:

What version of Pwnage Tool did use use in the CFW? Hope it is the 4.1.2

8. […] Download pre-jailbroken 4.1 firmware files here Use PwnStrap to install pre-jailbroken firmware on Windows 3Gs+ Oct 25th, 2010 @ 10:57 […]

9. lewis says:

how do i join the two parts together

10. Crid says:

Hi,
    I have an Iphone 3G with FW 3.0.1 and BB 04.26.08, and want to upgrade to FW 4.1!
    Can I use this “iPhone 3G 4.1 ACTIVATED/Everything Enabled” FW?? It will upgrade my FW to 4.1 and an maintain my BB on 04.26.08? It will be abel fo me to unlock my Iphone 3G?

Regards,

Crid

• thescragster says:

Hi Crid,

Thanks for your question. Jailbreaking and unlocking are two separate things. Using these files you will be able to shift-restore through iTunes and restore to a jailbroken version of iOS 4.1. Using these files created in the Pwnage Tool will save your baseband from being updated. Once you have restored you will be at iOS 4.1 still with the 04.26.08 bootloadeer.

This means you will be able to open Cydia and install Ultrasn0w. Ultrasn0w is the package that will unlock your phone.

Please let me know if this clarifies your question

• Crid says:

Hi, thanks for your anwser… I tried a lot to do this procedure, but I didn’d succeded…HOW do I do all this? Can you help one more time?

Regards

Cristiano

• Crid says:

Hi again,

I tried a lot to put my Iphone 3G in DFU mode trought Pwnage, but it just won´t go! I do just like the Pwnage says, but it don´t go! There´s anything I can do? And do you think it´s a good idea for me to change my 3.0.1 FW to 4.1?

Regards

Cristiano

11. bhupatib says:

I’ve an iPhone 3GS Jun10 version (New bootrom, BB 5.13.x), its not jailbroken and its carrier locked to Airtel (in India). I want to unlock it as well as update to version 4.1 without changing my BB to 5.14.x (and thus being unable to unlock) i have to use these Custom firmwares as TinyUmbrella method won’t work with 3GS, right?…So to begin i’ll first Jailbreak using limera1n, and then goto iTunes and SHIFT+Restore using one of the firmware for 3GS.. Now MY QUESTION IS: When you say ‘ACTIVATED’ does it mean its pre-jailbroken as well as ‘pre-unlocked’? So that i just download the Activated 4.1 for 3GS and it’ll allow using SIM card of other operators?
    Pls clarify as i’m new to JB and Unlocking.. 🙂

12. Manuel says:

Wait a minute! If I firstly jailbreak my iPhone 3GS with limera1n it will be on baseband 05.14.2 which is not unlockable, right? Do i need to jailbreak it first on 4.1, it is already jailbroken on 4.0!

• thescragster says:

If you have a Mac you do not need to use these files, create your own using the Pwange Tool. If you create your own you will be able to put your device into DFU mode using the steps in the Pwnage Tool.

If you do this, from what I understand, you will not need to jailbreak using Limera1n first.

PLEASE NOTE: If you require an unlock, DO NOT update to the normal iOS 4.1 firmware, you will update you baseband! If you require an unlock, only update to iOS 4.1 using a firmware created in ether the Pwnage Tool or Sn0wbreeze!

13. […] Works for iPad 1200 MB Root Partition Packages Installed Cydia OpenSSH Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Source Article Note I did not test it yet, I'm Still Downloading the time we're talking. Because i want to […]

14. dyglesias says:

I have an iPhone 3Gs (old bootrom) jailbroken and unlock on 4.0.1 but it crashed, because I tried to clear personal data from iphone settings menu, now it is stuck on recovery loop. (dumb be…)

Anyway, I want to install the iPhone 3Gs 4.1 pre-jailbroken activated to be able to unlock using ultrasnow thru Cydia.

Now, I don’t understand how can I “patch the bootrom” with limera1n or greenpois0n.

Please, I would like someone to explain this process, because I suppose you have to start the limera1n/greenpois0n jailbreak process, and stop at some point to manually restore to the custom ipsw you (iphoneblogr.com) provide here.

Thanks in advance for your reply…

Diego

15. Nico says:

I am on 3GS 4.0 AT&T and using Windows 7, jailbroken my 3gs with Pwnage tool long long time ago..
    Since then, I’ve been downloading custom IPSW and did lots of shift restoring via iTunes since firmware 3 ish..
    Now, I’m having issue error 21 with this custom IPSW, which I never had before when I tried to shift restore.
    Long story short, tried other custom firmwares as well, and still error 21, and always RecBoot-ing to revert back to my current firmware 4.0
    Tried to run limera1n on this 4.0 jailbroken, and re-shift restore, still error 21.
    Tried another usb port, still.
    Tried another Account, still.
    my modem is 4.26.08
    Any idea?

16. […] Download pre-jailbroken 4.1 firmware files here 31 October 2010 0 […]

17. gearstik1 says:

Whats with the different parts?

18. […] Download pre-jailbroken 4.1 firmware files here 1 November 2010 0 […]

19. GoldenZ says:

Does anyone tried the Custom 3.2.2 iPad Firmware? I have problems installing it, getting 1600 in iTune and Error “21” if i boot into DFU Mode. Kindly Advise.

You have to be in pwned-DFU mode to restore a custom firmware. I am not sure if it’s possible on the iPad on a PC, but you can try using redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to enter pwned-DFU mode, if you do try, please report your results so that I can update the post. Here is the tutorial: pwned-DFU mode

20. athanachie says:

thank u so much guys!!

21. Gavinwan says:

I have a jailbroken 3GS still at iOS 4.0.1. If I use the custom firmware to upgrade it to iOS 4.1, do I need any activating sim card to activate the phone? (coz I saw the description above in the 3GS activated section says “Not Activated”) Or I can use any other sim card straightaway? Thanks guys, please advice.

Theres another file right below that one that comes pre-activated. This is the one you are going to want to download if you have an unofficial carrier

• Gavinwan says:

Thx very much, jz one more question. Do I need to download both part 1 and part 2 and how should I extract them? Please advice.

Yes, you have to download part 1 and part 2. Mediafire only allows 200mb files to be uploaded at a time so I had to split the ipsw into 2 files. Just download both parts and open either file with winrar to extract the prejailbroken firmware

• Gavinwan says:

Thank you very much, this is the best iphone website (and tutorials) I have ever browsed. Keep up the good work!

22. o3 says:

Thanks, worked perfectly. Just followed your redsn0w guide for windows users + pre-jailbroken image for my friend’s iPhone 4, bingo!

23. Steve says:

I can’t seem to download part 1 of my download for iphone 3g, it’s been stuck (currently stuck at 35.7 mb, 5 hours left to download). I have tried re-downloading but no luck. Can you host these somewhere else please?

24. Abby says:

Thanks for your help!! It worked AWSOME!

25. […] Download pre-jailbroken 4.1 firmware files here. If you are a Windows user you must enter Pwned-DFU mode to restore a custom 4.1 […]

26. […] Download pre-jailbroken 4.1 firmware files here. If you are a Windows user you must enter Pwned-DFU mode to restore a custom 4.1 […]

27. […] you’d rather not waste the time doing this yourself, iphoneblogr provides pre-jailbroken firmware for you. So download the appropriate one and follow his instructions to put the ATV into DFU mode using […]

28. Crid says:

So… when we’ll see a 4.2.1 Custom FW?? =D

29. napkilla says:

followed your instructions and got me further than any other site. i have a 3gs that was 4.21 and your custom iPhone 3Gs Custom 4.1 Firmware got me all the way where itunes would put back into factory mode. after it reboots, itunes starts to backup and sync but the iphone is stuck on the apple logo with the spinning wheel of death. saw a post somewhere about the proximity sensor flex cable?!?! not sure how valid that source is.

30. […] 4.1 CUSTOME FIRMWARE EITHER 3G/3GS DEPEND ON UR IPHONE http://iphoneblogr.com/2010/10/pre-jailbroken-4-1-firmware/ TINYUMBRELLA http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/ REDSNOW redsn0w_win_0.9.6b6 STOCK FIRMWARE […]

31. yoan says:

2. iPhone 3Gs 4.1 ACTIVATED

* Works for iPhone 3Gs
    * Not Activated
    * 1000 MB Root Partition
    * Packages Installed
    o Cydia
    o OpenSSH

is it correct that this custom firmware not activated?so,where’s the activated one?thx

32. JaeM1llz says:

Number 2 IS activated, that is a typo, I have fixed it now, thanks!

33. Dan says:

iphone 3Gs new bootrom
    firmware 4.1 activated (from this site)
    baseband 6.15
    trying to use with koodo in canada
    unlocked with ultrasn0w but always comes up no service
    recognizes the phone number on the sim card
    any ideas?

34. samir says:

HI,

i have iphone 3gs, IOS: 3.0.1 and baseband 4.26.08. which utility should i use for updating to 4.1 (Unlocking and jailbreaking)?

35. John says:

Any chance of releasing a Pre-Jailbroken 4.2+ firmware in the future? 4.1 has lag issues on my old 3G. Thanks for all of your hard work.

36. John says:

Sorry, just saw your link. Thank you so much Jaem1llz.

Can I install this firmware right over the previous 4.1 custom?

37. […] I have downloaded the official 4.1 firmware and not the custom firmware which I can find here: Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 Firmware | iPhoneBlogr.com What have I done wrong? Should I download the 4.1 custom firmware from the link above now? Reply […]

38. When u are stuck to dfu mode/white screen - Forum de telechargement et partage says:

39. […] 3GS with iPad bb should be able to be restored from pwned DFU mode using custom 4.1 ipsw. Try here: Pre-Jailbroken 4.1 Firmware | iPhoneBlogr.com Reply […]

40. acctman101 says:

i’m new to this whole iphone jailbreak and unlock thing. I have a Iphone 3g with modem firmware 5.14.02 and “Version” 4.1 (8b117) does anyone know how to jail break/unlock this phone so I can use it on a different carrier ie net 10 or something like that? I would really appreciate anyones help.