Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 without WIFI [how to]

Hi guys! There are have been a lot of requests on unlock iPhone's that do not have working WIFI. There have been a few other tutorials similar to this but often people find them very unclear and hard to work with. I will do my best to make this as simple as possible.

First of all, there are a few things we need to clear up. For this we will be using 1.2.5, this means it will be compatible with the following basebands: 01.59.00, /3GS 05.11.01, 05.12.01, 05.13.04 and 06.15.00. Your iPhone will need to be jailbroken with either Pwnage Tool, or Redsn0w, this will not work with Spirit.

Here we go.

1. Prep - You will need to download the following two files.

DiskAid (ether Mac or PC) Ultrasnow 1.2.7 deb + MobileSubstrate

2. Connect iPhone to computer using USB cable

3. Open (or your iDevice exploring software of choice)

4. Click on the folder 'Root' on the right hand side. Your screen should look the same as below.

5. Next, click on the folder 'Var' in the second window - as shown below

6. Next, click on the folder 'Root' in the next window, again shown below.

7. Then click on the folder 'Media'.

8. Next, if you have a folder named 'Cydia' already in the next window, skip this step. Otherwise we will need to create one. Right click within the window and select 'New Folder'. Name this folder 'Cydia' (ensure you capitalise the C). Click on the folder you have just created.

9. If you have a folder named 'AutoInstall' already in the next window, skip this step. Otherwise we will need to create one. Right click within the empty window and select 'New Folder'. Name this folder 'AutoInstall' (ensure you capitalise the A and the I). Click on the folder you have just created.

At this step, your screen should look similar to this:

10. Great, we have now setup the folders within your iPhone. We now need to copy both the Ultrasn0w.deb and the MobileSubstrate.deb into the AutoInstall folder. To do this, simply drap them from your desktop into the folder in DiskAid.

11. Simply restart your iPhone twice and Ultrasn0w will be installed and running. (Restarting once installs Ultrasn0w, restarting a second time will start your phone with Ultrasn0w running). Insert your simcard and you will be good to go!

If you have any questions or need clarification with any of the steps, feel free to ask them below and we will answer them as soon as possible!

223 Responses to Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 without WIFI [how to]

1. Andy H. says:

Very nice instruction. I got mine iphone working like a charm. Thump up!

2. choot says:

where did u get the files.

3. Ovi Williams says:

What if you dont have a root file?

4. Vinicius says:

How will I get the Ultrasn0w file???

It’s IMPOSSIBLE to find on the internet…

5. cristi says:

what mean mobile subrate files that i should install with ultrasn0w ?? … i can`t find them

MobileSubstrate is a dependency for the ultrasn0w unlock. It will be automatically downloaded and installed when you install ultrasn0w if you don’t have it installed already.

6. yoanblue says:

if i upgrade,jalbreak n unlock use redsnow and take custom firmware from snowbreeze..
    how should i do if my phone tethered?to turn on my iphone again?thx

7. Patrick says:

Has there been an update for baseband/modem firmware 05.15.04?
    Thanks

8. Maris says:

Hi
    I have jailbreaked 3G Iphone 4 and also unlocked. Now how to get the WIFI.
    Still showing No Wi-FI
    Appericiate your inputs.

9. clos says:

did everything right still cant unlock with diskaid is there any other way to unlocke without wifi?

Just download Ultrasn0w 1.2 from the link above and install it following the steps listed. If you don’t have a Mac, the steps are exactly the same using SSH like WinSCP or you can use a program like iPhoneBrowser.

10. Thanks buddy . . u made me very happy . . :)

11. JaeM1llz says:

Could you please provide us with more information about your device. Did you do a clean restore before jailbreaking? What kind of phone do you have, what firmware is it running, what baseband is it on, what tool did you use to jailbreak? Thanks!

12. anto says:

i updated my iphone 3g to 4.2.1 firmware then jailbroke it and followed your instructions now my iphone is stuck with the apple logo for the past 30 mins. ps my baseband is 06.15

13. cipriutza says:

iphone 3g v 4.21 bb 5.11, without wifi worked fine. Thanks

14. zaheer says:

my iphone 3g 4.2.1 bb 06.15.00 wifi not connecting . help me please.

15. Erick says:

Guys, YOU ROCK!!! I’m very happy!! At last I have my iphone working just fine thank to you. I was lost with a lot of guides about this but none of them had worked like yours. Pretty easy! Big Thanks!

16. asana says:

I followed your well-designed instructions on my 3G 4.2.1 05.12.01. JB-en with PwnageTool_4.2 and with No WiFi.

In step 10 I copied/installed ultrasn0w-1.1-1.deb and mobilesubstrate_0.9.3366-1_iphoneos-arm.deb
    Result, after two restarts I get “No Service” in the menu. Is it possible that mobilesubstrate is not a correct version? In Step 10 you instruct to copy it into the “AutoInstall” but it is not supplied / linked to.

I would appreciate if you could give us a link to the correct mobilesubstrate.
    Also, if you, or anyone, has an idea —other than reinstalling over and over again— for fixing the No WiFi, I would highly appreciate it. Now, my phone is pretty much worthless — without Data service and WiFi.
    Thank you kindly.
    asana

17. Sierra says:

Hi there,

I followed your instructions but my Iphone 3GS is still not unlocking from ATT.

18. tarunjot says:

i did all the steps but unable to see the carrier option in setting

19. Avle says:

I too, follow all the instructions, and have done it a couple of times, and in my last try, it is stuck on searching… for the last 20 minutes

20. Rachit says:

I have an iphone 3g 4.1 with baseband 6.15 , did the steps exactly as told but when is insert the sim my phone is stuck at searching and becomes quite sluggish
    P.S jailbroke using redsnow 0.9.6b5

Go into Settings>General>About to confirm that your baseband is on 06.15.00 it will be listed next to “modem firmware” then go into Cydia and go to Manage>Packages and make sure that Ultrasn0w 1.2.3 is installed. Then insert your SIM and reboot your phone, should work no problem.

• Rachit says:

When i remove the sim its shows the baseband version 06.15.00 but when i insert the sim card it keeps on searching and at that time the phone becomes very slow and in general>about tab it shows nothing in front of modem firmware nor IMEI nor ICCID but when i remove the sim the phone acts normal and shows the modem firmware and IMEI
        P.S Ultrasnow 0.93 is currently installed , first i had ultras0w 1.2.3 then also the same problem

21. wax says:

thanx Man….u r tooo good!!!!!!!!

22. wax says:

heyy guyys!!!!!!
    can any 1 help me in fixing the battery draining problem in iphone 3g
    4.2.1 baseband 06.15.00…
    unlocked with ultrasnow!!!!!
    and my iphone 3g hav no wifi and bluetooth prob,then how can i fix it?????
    plzzz help me out

23. wax says:

can any 1 help me in fixing the battery draining problem in iphone 3g
    4.2.1 baseband 06.15.00…
    unlocked with ultrasnow!!!!!
    and my iphone 3g hav no wifi and bluetooth prob,then how can i fix it?????
    plzzz help me out

24. Chamika jayasundara says:

Great work it works thanks lot my friend!

thanks
    lot!

25. Sunny says:

Hi,

I have a iPhone 3G which is unlocked & jaibroken (Using Ultrasn0w & Cydia). My iOS version is 4.0.1 & baseband is 05.13.04. How do I upgrade my iOS version to the latest 4.2.1 & still retain the unlock. Currently, I’m also not able to use Wi-Fi from my device. Please help by providing detailed steps without dependency on Wi-Fi (or) provide me the link where I can find the details.

Thanks…Sunny

You can use Pwnage Tool 4.2 or Sn0wbreeze 2.2 to create a custom pre-jailbroken firmware. Any time you restore a custom firmware, your baseband will automatically be preserved. Thanks!

26. ashwin says:

thank dud …………..it was great….

27. surya says:

I have tried this couple of times but still not working.. on phone it says “Invalid SIM”.
    or not signal…any hints?

28. casio_2000 says:

I have a jailbreak 4.3.3 iphone with baseband 4.10.01.
    I did the trick and i still dont have any service with my sim card. So i thinks the unlock not working.
    Any help?

thanks

29. EmmaNan says:

THANK YOU! I wasted for too much time on other methods today once my jailbroken 3G stopped recognizing wifi after using pwnage tool. I’m now successfully connected to T-Mobile.

Any suggestions on the wifi issue? I’ve tried airplane mode, turning wifi off and on, manual entry of networks, network reset, hard reset, all to no avail. From my research, it seems like this is a common problem after changing to BB 06.15.00 … since T-Mobile is only on 2G, it would be awesome to have wifi capability back! Any help is appreciated– my skills are mediocre at best, so nothing too fancy.

Is the wifi icon greyed out? It could be a hardware issue. I would be able to help more if you could provide me with a syslog

• EmmaNan says:

Not grayed out at all– it just doesn’t recognize that there are any wifi connections around, despite there being two open networks here at home that all my other devices have no problem finding and connecting to.

I recently inherited an iMac G5 that I’m slowly getting into– what’s the best way to get you a syslog using that? Sorry for the lame question, I appreciate your help.

The syslog is from the phone itself. You need to install syslogd from Cydia and then send me the syslog that your phone generates. You can read more about it on Google.

• EmmaNan says:

Thanks– I’ll work on figuring this out (assuming it works similar to ultrasn0w installation as above) without wifi in Cydia and then I’ll post what I get. Appreciate the tip!

• EmmaNan says:

Alright– I’ve got a syslog for you! Do you want me to paste here or send you the text file?

30. Hazza says:

hey my iphone is jailbroken so does that meeni have to restore it jailbreak it then restore it agian

31. Hazza says:

hey my iphone is jailbroken will it work if i restore it jailbreak it then restore it agian
    pls comment

32. Hazza says:

i used redsnow it an iphone its running on 4.2.1

33. Hazza says:

what is the second thing u have to add to the autoinstall folder

34. Hazza says:

doi need a sertin baseband im on 05.15.04 now

35. Hazza says:

i did it now it sai its serching does that mean it going to work or not did this happen to anyone else pls comment

36. arvind says:

i dont understand the last before step

37. arvind says:

what is the meaning for restarting the phone i swithed of the iphone
    i got strucked with the apple logo

38. taurus0z says:

All intstrutions followed to the tea. I have tried re-starting my iphone but i keeps re-booting for the past couple of hours. Not Syncing with my computer or applications including itunes. I have used redsn0w several times to restore but still nothing. Suggestions????????????

39. snow leopard says:

I’ve been working for last 7 days to sort out the creepy ” no service”. finally i got it. thanks for the solution. it really works and importantly its very easy.

40. Glenn says:

Thank you man..
    you’re cool

41. antonio says:

i dont have folder root…………what can i do????????????

42. Raulseb says:

it doesnt have root folder on my diskAid.. i know it should but it doesnt. is my iphone broken?

43. kola says:

i’ve done everything u said but the phone keeps showing the “searching” message… is that a network problem or did i miss something along the way???

It could mean that you don’t have an unlockable baseband, it could mean you have a corrupt baseband, it could mean that your carrier does not support the iPhone. We really need more information to be able to help you.

44. gihan0081 says:

my iphone 3g 4.2.1 i have base band upgraded 6.15 by using redsn0w 0.9.6b5..also then i re-jailbreake my i phone by using redsn0w 0.9.6rc16.. then i tried today to unlock by using ultrasn0w without using wifi ( my wifi service on the iphone dose not work)..

i have done all the things according to this web page also i restarted twice my iphone.. stil it says (no service )

please help me guys..

45. billi says:

its still not working.i have iphone 3g.i updated my phone on i tune.its suck.its imei,modem firm blanked and wifi ,network and bluetooth unavailable…..

46. king says:

after jailbreaking my iphone 4 my wifi is disabled and also my font camara does not work. what should i do. can anybody help me.

47. Naim says:

Thanks million thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish could see you in person and buy you a luch hahahaha 😀

48. mensh.uber says:

After putting Mobilesubstrate and Ultrasn0w into DiskAid. Do we need to save these configuration or simply close the window and restart Iphone?

49. mensh.uber says:

One more thing Does Iphone need to be sim inserted while doing this unlock carrier?

50. willy says:

THANK YOUUU… REALLY WORKS!!!!!!… >.< LOVE YOU MUACH!!!

51. blaze69 says:

Worked Perfect On

iPhone 3G
    OS 4.2.1
    Baseband 06.15.00

My WIFI Is Not Working , That’s Why I had to resort to this. Thank You Very Much for this Instructions. although I followed This Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4H2tUcz890 and Downloaded The New 1.2.5 Ultrasn0w from here http://www.mediafire.com/?5ogil6h0ugbugu1 Included in the video’s description :)

Thanks Again :)

52. blankhead says:

thanx man ur just awesome………..worked perfect on iphone 3g <3

53. Manikrishna05 says:

Hi All………….After a long struggle this methods helps me to get my phone back……thanks a ton who post this article.

Regards
    krishna

54. Danny says:

i have an iphone 3g with 4.1 IOS and 16.15.00BB, I did not jailbreak it. When i installed DiskAid the “root” folder is not showing up what do i do?

55. DarkR3VENANT says:

thaaaank youuuuuu it worrrked! thanks bro. its nice to know people like u exist to selfishly help us with our problems

56. Lukhidharmesh says:

i will possible only recived call .,.,.,i could not possible dailing
    ???
    pplz help me

57. Avinashbeepath says:

you are the best! Man I was so worried I would not have been able to use my phone again without wifi to unlock it. Thanks much for sharing your knowledge the world needs more people like you…
    have a good one and bless!!

58. Cell Clinic says:

59. Chedilove says:

For people having problems like nothing happened even after following the steps, check the spelling of your folders maybe you misspelled one

60. UnicornDust98 says:

my iphone 3gs still says searching and i did everything correct and restarted it 2 time and nothing has happened what can i do

61. Ctjunkbox says:

Perfect! Thank you so much for this.  For the person confused about leaving sim card in or not… I followed the exact instructions without leaving the simin until the last step.  I put the sim after the double restart.

62. Ctjunkbox says:

63. Alex says:

Awesome this exactly what i was looking for, because my WiFi is not working so i could not update or install certain Cydia files needed.

64. tompham says:

I bought an used iphone 3g from craiglist this afternoon.  However, the phone could not connect to any wifi.  I couldn’t check when I bought the phone since there was no wifi available at the parking lot when we met.  Since I could have this phone connected to wifi to unlock.  Here is what I did:

– I upgrad this 3g to firmware 4.2.1 using itunes

– then use redsn0w redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 to upgraded with ipad band from 5.15.04 to 6.15.00
    – jailbreak using redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 again with the above firmware (4.2.1)
    – and follow the instruction here to unlock without wifi
    – the phone kept searching for a while and finally the phone pop – ups a message saying that it was activated

Thank you everyone and this site!

65. Mansurkk says:

hi..i hav 3gs 4.1 there is no wifi nd bluetooth..model nmber mc133zp…still no service after i install ultrasnow nd mobile substrate..pls help me

66. Don2 says:

not working

67. Amisu30 says:

dude after creating folder and dragging the files we need to plug out the phone or not???

68. Nonmanutd says:

It Working Great !!!! Thank you Very much!!!! lol…………

69. Avenger26 says:

OHMYGOSH dude! you’re a genius! thanks mate!

70. red says:

thaNK YOU THank you thank you…luv you! mwaahhh….

71. Ishan Jaffery says:

Thank a lot dude it really works you owe my respect & lots of blessings from me…..

72. francky says:

thanks very much it works for me

73. Unlimited_communications says:

do i click copy to device? i did everything but i still dont get signal, its version 4.2.1,, firmware 06.15.00

74. […] here take a look at this: How to Unlock iPhone 3g & 3gS WITHOUT Wifi on 4.1 & 4.2/4.2.1 firmware – YouTube Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 without WIFI [how to] | iPhoneBlogr.com […]

75. Kalujp says:

hello i have iphone 3gs and i update to 5.1 and i need to unlock and this didnt worked.. i dont know y but i having problem that my phone booting it self so i updated the ios now i having problem with unlocking.. hoping a reply soon thanks

76. razzrazzaak says:

my phone show no service on carrier. please solved it

77. Vaibhavvyas99 says:

HI, i am facing issue..I restarted my iphone twice but nothing worked…UltraSn0w not installed ..It still searching network..I opened up cydia and i do see ultrasn0w and Mobile subtrate there but can not do anything with it…Help me am stuck now,

78. Vaibhavvyas99 says:

79. Cryan2655 says:

hi am getting to stage 10.and its not looking like it should be,can you help.

80. Hankuk Hana says:

tankyu master…..

81. Joshmogstad says:

sweet

82. Micasy says:

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its been searching the whole day

83. Rajnikantk says:

did not worked with my phone
    3g,/ 4.2.1/ 6.15bb

84. Sairaj says:

Hi
    i had iphone 4 ios 4.3.3 and base band 04.10.1. i try these steps but i am not able to unlock my iphone .if it work for 4.3.3 or not if it work why i not able to install it please help me out
    Thanks in advance
    Sairaj

04.10.01 is not compatible with the Ultrasn0w unlock. You will need to buy a Gevey SIM if you wish to unlock.

85. Kevinsazon says:

thanks!!! ur the best! it works! – iphone 3g 16gb

86. Roberrt9 says:

Did it work for anyone with Iphone 4 ios: 5.1.1 newest firmwire? Can´t figure it out. I don’t bother of what version i have. Only i want is a cellphone.. Could you please link  a mix that works with this..

As long as you have an Ultrasn0w compatible baseband you can use the 5.1.1 Ultrasn0w fixer found here: http://iphoneblogr.com/2012/05/unlock-with-ultrasn0w-on-5-1-1-with-ultrasn0w-5-1-1-fixer-deb/

87. melody says:

hi..thanks dude it works.but i have another problem with my iphone.when ever i am trying to open it or restart it.it shows so many words line telling downloading etc. like rebooting..it really worried me a lot. did you know some process to back it in normal upon opening it.thanks

88. Abeltsew says:

thanks so much u r the best

89. Nadeline says:

For step number 10, do we download the zipped folder containing
    Ultrasn0w.deb and the MobileSubstrate.deb ?

90. Swiftkill2008 says:

This didn’t work for me I’ve looked online and have tried various suggested methods but I can’t seem to fix my No service problem

I have a Virgin plan (in my phone carrier settings it does recognize that it is there)

I have a 3G on a 6.15.00 Base band on a 4.1 firmwire from snowbreeze (tried 4.2.1 and that didn’t work either)

I really would like some help with this as I’m really stuck and can’t get it to work

91. Vjenniferbon says:

i have restarted my phone twice but still my iphone showas no service.. please help…

92. Nadeline says:

After restarting it twice the upper left corner of the phone has only the wifi and a few bars of signal.. Can i have some help with this. Im able to get texts but it doesnt let me reply.

93. Jehadyu says:

Hello, i have iphone 3g   version  4.21  ,  modem firmware  05.15.04 , i did everything but still have no carrier. Can you help me please. Thank you.

94. VirendraRajput says:

Loved it MAN!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95. Fancythat_12 says:

mine dosnt come up with the root word? please help

96. […] (didn't have wifi, so I put the deb files in the Cydia autoinstall folder and restarted it twice) Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 without WIFI [how to] | iPhoneBlogr.com Reply Page 2 of 2 First 1 2 […]

97. head says:

iphone 3g ios 4.2.1 baseband 05.13.04 after downgrade baseband was 06.15.00, i haven’t wifi too.
    All of this tutorial is the right things we have to do to desimlock a iphone on USB, no wifi cos no network, so no SSH.

In cydia can see ultrasnow installed but with a row color a few pink, seem is getting a problem.
    Any idea of this particular problem.

Many thanks.

98. KSBSK 3 says:

Thank You It Worked like charm….

99. Ddh says:

Did the process … came down to 5.13.04 … and still no signal?  Running version 4.2.1 on G3.  I wonder if I can install SAM via this same method and if so, where does it go in the packaging system?  Does it go in the same place as the MobileSubstrate.deb and ultrasn0w 1.2.7.deb folders do on this process?

The SAM method was patched in April and there is no need for it on 05.13.04 baseband. If you have no signal just reinstall Ultrasn0w and MobileSubstrate and you will get signal.

• Ddh says:

Both ultraxn0w and MobileSubstrate were put into the iphone via DiskAid … nothing happened?

• Ddh says:

actually, I have one bar but cannot connect and the iphone show no network connection or carrier. It’s strange!

Did you put them in the Cydia AutoInstall folder and then open Cydia to install them? Otherwise you can install them manually with iFile or via SSH.

100. LUDOVICO says:

esta a funcionar. it’s work

101. bharat says:

Hey .. i have a iphone 3g ver 4.2.1 bb 5.13.04.. i followed all the steps and restarted my phone twice.. after searching for network it says no service.. i checked inside cydia . packages and it shows ultrasnow and mobile substrate is installed .. but after searching for a while it says ” could not activate cellular data network… in my settings it shows carrier option as well.. Help man.. my iphone feels like a itouch and it sucks 😛

102. Glen Selby says:

Should the AutoInstall folder be IN the Cydia folder or in the Media Folder?

103. Ajaycoolmistry631 says:

i dnt knw y still the network is nt cumin……it jst showz 1 baar nd whn i go back nd see the autoinstall folder the 2 deb files r dissapeared

104. thymon1 says:

this isnt working for me after i do all the above steps its saying it was successful but its still not accepting my carrier and it tells me to wait til it reboots itself but nothing even happens now im without a phone til it works

105. Bhagirath Mail says:

Awesome Man !!!1 you are reallly good,
    It worked for me
    thanks for your hrlp Dude
    god bless

106. Wyred says:

Hi, Ive been trying to make my sim work for days now, but to no avail. Thankfully Ive come across this website, and the instructions worked just fine. Thankyou so much, you have been great help.

107. Opinion Root says:

if isn’t running for someone :

1 – search google this appz :
       -> uikittools_1.1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb
       -> com.saurik.substrate.safemode_0.9.3900_iphoneos-arm.deb
       -> ultrasn0w_1.2.7_iphoneos-arm.deb

2 – open diskaid and add this appz to folder Named tmp (cos it permit to write “chmod 777”)
    3 – again in diskaid  go folder Root/Cydia/Autoinstall/ and search google and add this appz :
       -> mobilesubstrate_0.9.3998_iphoneos-arm.deb

-> MobileTerminal_520-2_iphoneos-arm.deb
    4 – Restart device :
    5 – Open MobileTerminal  et tape this command batch line :
       -> su root     “(enter) you need the password as root so tape”
       -> alpine        “(enter)
       -> dpkg -i /tmp/uikittools_1.1.1_iphoneos-arm.deb
       -> dpkg -i /tmp/com.saurik.substrate.safemode_0.9.3900_iphoneos-arm.deb
       -> dpkg -i /tmp/ultrasn0w_1.2.7_iphoneos-arm.deb
    6 – restart your device it’s  OK FINISH HAVE FUN

• All says:

Does’nt work. I get depnedency problems for com.saur.. and ultrasn0w deb files.
      It needs the mobilesubstrate…. package first to be installed. When I try that one, it says that the com.sautik must be configured first. duh !

• Prastha says:

Thanks man it worked but I did not need to run the mobile terminal as i restarted it showed my carrier dont know how it worked but it worked !!!

108. saoVTE says:

thanks a lot save me time just to go out for wifi hehehehe

109. Suraj Bikram SHah says:

hey thanks man it work…….. Love u

110. Fyzzlestyx says:

I downloaded what I need.. But when I turn on DisAid, there isnt anything that says “root” Im lost

111. Guest says:

i did all of the steps above but in the settings app where it says carrier it still says at&t 12.0.. it should say carrier 12.0, what is my problem?

112. Dhavish ramanah says:

i have tried it several times but it DOES NOT work. when i open cydia, the ultrasnow and mobilesubstrate is higlighted in red

113. iSTOPed says:

hi ya’ll, I’ve restored my iphone 3gs ver 4.2.1 and my phone still has no service. Is it possible to unlock it by this steps above? need help

114. DIDN’T WORK ME, i have 4.2.1 6.15 baseband showing in iphone 3g setting, and Cydia packages also shows that ultrasn0w is installed, BUT NO SERVICE,, kindly help me out. thanks

115. rajiv says:

afteer i did the process my device keeps flashing on and off? what do i do?

116. akhil says:

hai guys i jailbreaked my iphone 3g with redsnow and it went well.after jailbreaking i tried to unlock with ultrasnow manually bcoz my wifi was not working.but after restarting the second time it wont start up.it loads the apple logo again and again

help me guys
    please

117. yasas mahendra says:

this really worked for the iphone 3G on iOS 3.1.3

thank you soo much!!

118. Sulya says:

Thank you so much… Just wanted to add that capital i in “AutoInstall” is crucial. Wont work without capitalising it (so yes, I had to restart 4 times)

119. Emsirs Ahmad says:

hello i have my iphone 3g ver 4.2.1 bb 06.15.00 i followed all the steps and restarted but still not activate cellular data, help me

120. rajbathi says:

i done all the steps both the packages are visible in cydia but its not working

121. mandeep says:

i have a iphone 4, 5.0.2 4.11 baseband after launching tethered from redsnow and following your instructions my phone is now on an endless loop of apple icon please help

122. Tony Book says:

Sweet! Thank you so much. This worked great…once I had the folders named properly. I first had the folder “Autoinstall” and nothing happened. But in rereading the post, I realized that it should have been “AutoInstall” – that capital i (I) in Install made all the difference.

123. curichin says:

Hi there, I have a iphone 3g ver 4.2.1 bb 6.15.00. I jailbroke it using redsn0w and followed the above steps. In the Cydia package, the ultrasnow and mobile substrate are both installed. Does that mean my phone is unlocked? The IMEI code remains the same. I just change my carrier and no longer use this iphone 3g but hope to use it oversea. Can anyone help? Also, there’s always a message “waiting for activation”. But my phone can be connected to itunes. what does that means? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

124. Eden Prince says:

It’s work………..nice trick.
    Im using iPhone 3G 16GB,
    iOS 4.1
    BaseBand: 6.15

125. Zachi says:

It works great..!!! Thanks +1

126. Meet says:

Not Working..

127. Meet says:

Yo..
    Working Good…

128. Alvira says:

Do ihave to install cydia first?

129. manoj says:

there is noyhing happen
    what i do next

130. Anne says:

i cant find the root folder in my diskaid tab, pls help, ty

131. a fan says:

u r my savior!

132. oh men thank you for this i did whats on the guide and BOOM my phone is alive, do you have a facebook that i can like.

133. goldie says:

it works….and so easy to do..thanks man ..

134. N@hAwk says:

THANK YOU MAN!!!!

I was close to shredding my iphone after updating it to 4.2.1, baseband 6.15!

This is what helped me:

1) Install the files as discribed here.
    2) Check Cydia, serach for “Mobile Substrate”.
    3) If search comes up empty, google for “mobilesubstrate_0.9.3901_iphoneos-arm.deb” and install that. Reboot twice!

Done!

135. hey …. i have a iphone 3g..4.2.1 on bb 06.15.00 and i followed each step clearly and it didn’t work for me … why??

136. neondelta says:

you must use the right redsnow version to reflash your base band guys because sometimes it doesn’t work check first the supported version of firmware and iphone model then do it again ^_^

137. Shashank The chaimp says:

superb…………… yepeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. thanks alot……………………..

138. Erik Sedeno says:

Thanks Dude It worked perfectly

139. G A says:

I was able to successfully unlock my iphone 3gs running 5.1.1 . Thanks for all your help. i am grateful to you…

140. nuttyhalo says:

so I followed all instructions the files appear in cydia but are highlighted red. when i click modify and clear they get a tick but still doesnt give signal. if i reboot it goes back to red. Any help?

141. Jervie Maloma says:

nice guide bro. it 101% WORKS!! i have iphone 3gs 5.1.1 thnx alot..

142. Vilmer says:

Help! it didn’t work on my iphone 3gs modern firmware 05.13.04

143. Rajoma says:

For me i have iphone 3GS 06.15.00 and i reinstall Baseband for ipad in redsnow, only check “ipad baseband ” and it work ! thank you

144. Mate says:

amazing dud, this got me covered!!!! thanks

145. Leti says:

ey Help me!, my Iphone is 3Gs with BB 05.16.08 how unlock???

146. there is no root option on my diskaid tab. wht to do??

147. greykes says:

Ive tried all of the steps listed here but still no solution Im running baseband 6.15.00 and using ios 6.1 please help

148. blessed says:

can i do this with my phone not activated

149. axtarmas says:

yes its works fine THANK YOU

150. amitlaskar says:

Great!
    Worked without any issue:)

151. bruce sky says:

Thanks! Your instructions worked perfectly.

152. dredd judge says:

guys

i got a real problem in my hands.i jailbreaked my iphone with redsnow and upgraded it’s baseband to that of ipads.it is a iphone3g without wifi.when i installed ultrasnow manually and restarted the same it got stuck on the apple logo on the second turn.i was able to restore it but i can’t unlock my phone now.i tried it a number of times.but the result was same.help me .please give me a solution

153. andalus says:

It works very fine! many many thanks for your help. I exactly had the described problem and now i’m retrieving my network. Thanks once more!!

154. billy bebas says:

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, on my 3gs ios 4.1 BB 5.13.04 working perfect, thank you, god bless u, thank

155. Harpreet Singh says:

thanks my 3g iphone working

156. Damir says:

TNX, all 100% works

157. pradhyum yadav says:

when i install ultrasn0w then my iphone 3g is not starting plz help me i have no internet

158. if i do this will my no service problem will be solved

159. […] Unlock iPhone 3G, 3GS and iPhone 4 without WIFI [how to … – Hi guys! There are have been a lot of requests on how to unlock iPhone’s that do not have working WIFI. There have been a few other tutorials similar to this but …… […]

160. Shiva Kalla says:

tried for iphone 3g,baseband 6.15.00.Phone got stuck i.e touch not working.Once worked and it was given that it was in safe mode, I restarted again problem repeated.Please help!